18:00 Japan Standard Time
* The submission period has ended.
Art DivisionInteractive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (including photographs), internet art, media performances, etc.
Entertainment DivisionGames (video games, online games, etc.), video/sound works, multimedia productions (including special effects videos, performances), products (products utilizing media technologies, R&D devices, etc.), websites, applications, etc.
Animation DivisionAnimated feature films, animated short films (including opening videos, ending videos, etc.), animated TV series, videos for streaming, etc.
Manga DivisionComics published in a book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile devices), self-published comics, etc.
Media Arts Festival Award
Grand PrizeCertificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
Excellence AwardCertificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
New Face AwardCertificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
Special AchievementCertificate, trophy
Social Impact AwardCertificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
* This new award will be given to the work that has been implemented in society and brought impact and change in the states of media technologies and attitudes of people.
* This new award will be given to the excellent work by an artist born on or after April 2, 2002 or a unit/group that includes him/her as its members.
Saturday, October 6, 2018 and Friday, October 4, 2019.
* Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry.
* While there is no limit tot the number of entries each entrant makes, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions.The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
*Each entrant must read, understand and accept the Rules and Regulations before submission.
*By submitting works, the entrant is deemed to have accepted all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
What to Submit
* If any other materials are necessary for screening, be sure to include them.
|Chair||MIYATA Ryohei (Commissioner for the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan)|
|Operating Committee||FURUKAWA Taku (Animation Artist) TATEHATA Akira (President, Tama Art University)|