18:00 Japan Standard Time
Art DivisionInteractive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (including photographs), internet art, media performances, etc.
Entertainment DivisionGames (video games, online games, etc.), video/sound works, spatial representation (including special effects videos and directions, performances), products (products utilizing media technologies, R&D devices, etc.), websites, applications, etc.
Animation DivisionAnimated feature films, animated short films (including opening videos, ending videos, etc.), animated TV series, videos for streaming, etc.
Manga DivisionComics published in a book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile devices), self-published comics, etc.
Media Arts Festival Award
Grand PrizeCertificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
Excellence AwardCertificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
Social Impact AwardCertificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
* This award will be given to the work that has been implemented in society and brought impact and change in the states of media technologies and attitudes of people.
New Face AwardCertificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
U-18 AwardCertificate, Extra prize
* Eligibility: Those born on or after April 2, 2004.
Special Achievement AwardCertificate, trophy
Please confirm that your entry satisfies the following conditions.Works must be completed or released between , Saturday, September 5, 2020 and Friday, September 3, 2021.
* Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry.
* While there is no limit to the number of entries each entrant makes, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions.The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is not submitted by the artist (copyright holder), permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
*By submitting works, the entrant is deemed to have accepted all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
What to Submit
* If any other materials are necessary for screening, be sure to include them.
TOKURA Shunichi (Commissioner for the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan)
FURUKAWA Taku (Animation Artist)
KUSAHARA Machiko (Researcher in Media Art and Archaeology, Professor Emeritus at Waseda University, and Doctor of Engineering)
TATEHATA Akira (President, Tama Art University)